Sunday, May 11, 2008

 

Next chapter

New job starts tomorrow. I'm excited and a bit scared. I've committed myself to 75% time - a plan for the old or new job. I'm mostly confident that it will work perfectly, but . . . Most of my concerns are about finding a new nanny. Our current wonderful nanny is also a preschool teacher and my new hours won't match hers - once summer is over. When finding S, we simply interviewed a few people until we met her and it was simply a fit. As easy as that. The idea of welcoming a complete stranger into our home and entrusting our children to her seems extreme. Yet, it worked so well the last time. I may well be borrowing trouble to avoid thinking about the challenges of the new job; which looks to be fantastic.

The kids are great. Apple has mastered sitting up (although he can't get up or down by himself) and has started sleeping better. Last night he went from 7:30 to 4:45 with only one wake up. He went back down and got up for the day at 6:10. He's just like his sister in that we cannot push bedtime back to get any additional sleep in the morning. He accidently went to bed at 5:50 tonight, so I guess we'll see if moving it earlier has any effect to the positive. (Well, I can always hope.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?