Tuesday, May 27, 2008

 

Changes

Although I officially started the new job 2 weeks ago, this is my first week of working everyday. I'm excited to be doing it. The new office seems so supportive of working parents. So many people either work part time or have flexible schedules, I'm simply part of the norm. Hurray! I'm sure that there will be bumps, but the vibe is so different that I'm already a lot happier and less frustrated.

Bacon is such fun and so much help with Apple. She wants to do everything herself right now, that is unless she wants me to do it all for her. Apple loves her and thinks she's the funniest. Apple is still a bad napper and doesn't sleep through the night. We're back to 2 wake ups a night where he won't go to sleep unless he nurses. Then he's up for the day sometime between 5:00 and 7:00 - usually more towards 5:00. I've been a bit sick this last week and dragging from missed sleep.

D is still working crazy hours and still loving his commute. He actually raised the possibility of thinking about moving on -- although he's not ready yet. There's got to be another company in the city that could use his skills but not expect him to work 24/7. As Apple gets older, the lack of D is getting easier. But, I'd still like the kids to see their father more than a few minutes a day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?