Friday, April 04, 2008

 

A quick one

Here's a quick post while Apple is down for a nap (!) and Bacon is watching Word Girl. (We watch way too much TV, but I can't figure out how to handle 2 without it.) Apple went into his crib in his room with weekend. D and I are splitting the nights; meaning he wakes me only once during his shift for a feed otherwise I'm off until 4 am. I still seem to be crazy tired, but I'm a lot less grumpy. The shared burden of nights makes me feel a lot less angry and hostile. Apple is getting better at taking his naps unconnected to a human body. In fact, he was getting a bit cranky, so I swaddled and nursed him, then laid him down. After about 3 minutes of crying, I gave him his pacifier and he seems to be down. Who knew it was that easy?

I'm now down to my lowest weight in over 5 years. I can't remember my weight just before the miscarriage years. I'm 8 pounds lighter than I was in the summer of 2003. Miscarriages just suck when it comes to weight -- or rather the gaining, then not losing, then gaining, etc.

D is still working crazy hours. He comes home around 6:00. Hangs out with us until the kids are in bed and then works until around 11:00. He thinks that a break may be in sight after the end of next week. Boy, that would be nice.

Comments:
We're splitting the nights here, too. Totally the way to go!

Can you send some of that weight loss vibe my way please???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?