Thursday, March 06, 2008

 

Four months

Well, it seems that we're in the four month sleep regression. Friday to Tuesday, Apple slept no more than 2 hours straight all night. Tuesday he was up from 4:00 - 6:30 am. But Tuesday he also got really good at rolling over back to front and grabbing toys. Last night was a blissful 7:00 pm bedtime followed by 11:00 and 2:00 am nursings, a 4:30-6:00 fitful sleep, then solid sleep from 6:00-7:00 am. Much better.

Bacon has been refusing to leave the house when its just me and the baby. After about 2 weeks of this she finally went into the front yard yesterday for bubbles and went willingly to storytime at the library today. The days trapped at home have been a bit tough -- but better since Tuesday -- now that Apple can entertain himself a bit and since he's started to nap WITHOUT ME HOLDING HIM!

D still likes the new job, but his hours are not as good as they were. On a good day he gets home at 6:15 which means he sees the kids at most 45 minutes before they're asleep. (Apple is typically asleep right around then.) Last night he got home after 10 pm. The first couple of nights that he didn't get home until after the kids were ready for bed were hard. I'd held it together anticipating his arrival home, only not to have him show up. Now, I don't plan on it and we've done fine -- there's still crying and clinging, but at least I'm not gritting my teeth.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about work, but it isn't in the front of my brain these days. I'm just trying to do quality work in the hours I have and not stress about it too much.

Comments:
Ugh-- I hope the sleep picture improves for you soon!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?