Saturday, January 19, 2008

 

Hills and Valleys

The playdates were great over the past week. They really helped us get through our 4:00 witching hour. This week I also went to the local community center's toddler play time twice. A very excellent way to wear out a toddler and get her more than 2 feet from me. (I was amazed that Bacon was very happy to run around and play with toys without my participation or even knowing where I am.) After some advice on choices for 2 year olds - don't give them a yes/no option but do give them 2 choices in moving forward, we've had a better week. A's sleep was much improved until the last 2 nights. Oh well, that's how it goes - which is easier for me to say after a week of good sleep.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, even though I'm turning 41 next month. I know I want to work (which is good because the mortgage needs it) but I'm trying to explore some options on how, where and how much. I don't know why I'm surprised, but fellow mothers in my field have been great at sharing their experiences and ideas. My field - or at least parts of it - aren't as old school as I thought. I had dinner with a client on Tuesday and got a job offer. My goal is to change things up this summer, but I'm not sure what that will look like yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?