Monday, December 03, 2007

 

When new becomes old

I think I'm there - the point where having 2 kids actually feels like the norm. Last week I wasn't there. The idea of going anywhere by myself with the 2 seemed just too intimidating. But I did it twice in one day last Thursday. Then again today. It's not bad as long as I have a cart to put them in. When I don't, well, I imagine there must be a sling and stoller involved or a double stroller if we ever get one of those.

Anyway, back to the main point - we seem to get in a groove when it's just me and the kids. A groove that involves a general plan with random 1 month old naps and feedings thrown in. So far I'm not desparate for when D gets home to get some relief; which happened during bedrest and when Bacon was little. I think it's just easier with the second and now that Bacon is older. (When she's not a total crankenpus, she's funny and good company.) I'm guessing that a lot of what made things so hard when Bacon was new was the fact that I hadn't done it before and was seriously scared I was going to do something wrong with terrible results, the lack of sleep, and the months of plugged ducts.

I keep losing my point. I must be more tired than I thought. Bottom line is that things are good.

Comments:
You're making me feel better! I'm glad things are going so well for you. May I be able to put up a similar post a few months from now...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?