Sunday, December 09, 2007

 

Getting and keeping going

This week has been a combo of decent and not-so-good sleep. By Friday, everything was irritating and I was oh so achy. Most nights are reasonable - feedings at 12:30, 3:30, and 6:30. (We don't get up until we get Bacon out of bed at 8:00.) 3:30 is the toughest; when baby A typically takes 1/2 -1 hour to get back to sleep every night. The not-so-good nights, I'm up with a good portion of every hour starting in the early morning hours. (Two nights of this this week.) I'm not running a huge deficit in sleep, but I can't seem to get out of the deficit I'm in. When we only had one, I could use Bacon's naps to attempt to catch up on sleep. And when she was really little, like A, she and I stayed in bed and took a nap after D had left for work. With 2, the opportunities to sleep extra are limited. Luckily, A is a pretty good sleeper so far. (I consider the above good.)

I keep waiting for things to get worse based on the new mother's tale that the height of crankiness is 6-8 weeks after their due date. We're still two weeks away from this, so there's still time. (I'm trying not to remind myself that Bacon's sleep got significantly worse after she was 3 months old.)

I had a bad dropping A experience this week. Luckily it was a short distance while trying to coordinate the two kids, a carrier and a stroller. He's physically fine and I'm becoming emotionally fine, but I think I'm going to limit our stroller-type excursions until we get a double stroller.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?