Monday, November 12, 2007

 

Slow and steady

My mom left on Saturday, so we're down to 2 full time adults/2 kids for another week. I've been sick for a week and a half, so I'm really hoping to get more sleep and kick this thing before the return to real life. But I'm wondering if real life is a bit more relaxing than this post-birth break. I know that it wasn't supposed to happen, but I did feel the need and desire to entertain my mom. Time that I normally would have spent happily sleeping or reading was spent up with her. I just didn't want to miss out on her visit or have her have a bad time. The same result for different reasons, to some degree, is true when D is home. There's so much that needs to get done that I should be doing it, when truth be told, I'd rather be in a coma. This lingering throat/chest thing is a clear signal that I need more rest. I've known that since it started. Now I simply need to do it.

The 2 kid thing is interesting so far. Bacon loves the baby and wants to see him, give him his pacifier, and be in control of where he lays. She's either indifferent or unhappy about sharing the nursing, but I've got a great supply so it seems to be working fine so far. She either has a bit of what I have or is teething (there's lots of drool), because she has been her crabby self lately. She's normally pretty upbeat, happy and easily distracted. Crabby girl comes out when she's not feeling well. It's getting better. But the last few hours before she goes to bed and been a bit much the last few days.

I can't quite remember what Bacon was like at this age. I think I remember staring at her a lot and waiting for her to wake up. I'm both looking forward and dreading the time when A is up more. The pattern is already changing and solid sleep a bit tougher to get. But I also can't wait to find out who he is.

Comments:
Wow. One more week. I hope you kick the germ before then. I can't believe you're finding time to blog!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?