Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

Ahhhh

Things are going swimmingly well - in large part I fear because we have at least 3 adults to deal with a toddler and a newborn. A is quite different than Bacon as a newborn. He sleeps a ton and rarely cries. Of course not dealing with (a) getting my nipples into shape (the one advantage I've found to not having weaned Bacon) and (b) the fear of dealing with all new issues is helping tremendously. I'm not waking A up to nurse much (due to engorgment that I really really needed help with).

I can't remember how long it took to feel normal last time. Afterbirth pains (which feel a lot like contractions), pelvic pain, and back ache are still present and accounted for. But I can now turn over in bed without pain.

My mom leaves this weekend, then D has one more week at home, then I'm on my own outside of the nanny's part time hours. I'll admit it - I'm scared. Just how you coordinate two kids - one of whom has recently discovered the wonders of running - seems beyond me. Of course words seem beyond me right now. (And this is what I'm like when I'm only a bit sleep deprived.) How do you take 2 grocery shopping? I know I'll get it all sorted and that women have been doing it for generations. . .

Let's get back to the good things: (1) healthy baby on the outside of me; (2) a fun, wonderful toddler who is very willing to entertain; and (3) an amazing husband. Those are my top 3 and well worth everything else.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?