Wednesday, October 03, 2007

 

So close I can almost taste it

Well, back on bedrest. I have been contracting every 5-10 minutes for many hours a day since Monday. I'm now 1 cm dilated and about 2.5 cm in length. I have partial Bacon coverage and will have more meds, so we're going to see what happens. With Bacon, I didn't even start dilating until about 12 hours after my water broke - after days and days and days of contractions. This could mean something, or not. At 34 weeks, almost all babies to go NICU.

Wouldn't it be great to be one of those women who go swimmingly through pregnancy only to feel their first contraction when they're actually going to deliver the baby?

If I knew that this was all practice, I could easily handle it. Instead, this is the (second) part where I become emotionally fragile.

Comments:
Oh, crap. I'm sorry things aren't going your way today. 34 weeks may well mean NICU time, but try to remember-- it also very likely means a perfectly healthy take-home baby in the end!

All fingers crossed for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?