Wednesday, October 10, 2007

 

Nothing new

Nothing has changed here, other than the fact that the baby is lower. We now have something of a plan. I'm going to stay on my current meds until week 37. Last time I stopped one drug at 36 weeks and the second at 37. I think the difference is because this one's a boy and my track record. At 37 weeks, I go cold turkey and hope to go into labor before I go crazy with contractions.

I'm so glad to stay on the meds for another almost 2 weeks - non-stop contractions just suck. This week has been going well and although I'm excited to be done, I'm not nearly so desparate about it as I was last week.

D and I have been talking about what to do about birth control after this. Other than being an ironic topic, I guess it is something we need to deal with. We were originally talking surgery for one of us. But, I just don't want anything that final. (And D doesn't want surgery. Well, I don't either.) I plan to talk to my doctor about an IUD. I've heard generally good scuttlebutt about them; love the idea about not having to worry about something every day; and just in case my memory of my pregnancies fade, having 2 kids under 2 doesn't kill either D or me, we decide to try for #3, and I can actually get and stay pregnant, we could possibly do this again. That's a lot of ifs, but definitely worth the possibility.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?