Friday, October 05, 2007

 

Just Ugh.

Who knew how great ibuprofen is? I'm now contracting a ton, didn't sleep last night and, between contractions and a very active baby, feel like everything in my abdominal cavity has been bruised. My scheduled visit to the OB happened today and a good part of me was hoping to hear that the baby was coming out very soon. Thankfully, that's not the case. According to her "snubby little fingers" (her phrase), I'm not even dilated today. The medication isn't stopping the contractions. Today, it doesn't even seem to be slowing them down. And while they're not like labor contractions, they are painful and generally DON'T STOP for long. (Thinking about it, they are about the same as miscarriage contractions but closer together.) The doctor actually suggested benadryl to help. I'll try anything at this point.

I'm going to have trouble staying sane if I get weeks and weeks of this. Earlier in the pregnancy, I felt very sad with the thought of not trying to have another. Now, I can't imagine being able to take it again. Is this a lucky benefit of being 40? Or just the luck of my genes?

The doctor said that if I'm still pregnant at 39 weeks we can induce. Thank everyone and everything that there is an actual end in sight. It just happens to be up to 4 1/2 weeks away. Well, no choice right? And in the big picture, I do get a baby out of this, right? Ouch.

Comments:
Oh, no. Ugh, indeed. I, too, am a habitual contracter. (Contractor?) It sucks. My OB just suggested I take an antihistamine (Benadryl or Unisom) to help me sleep better. I think it's pretty common advice. I hope it helps.

Shall we start a pool on your delivery date? With my daughter, I managed to keep a grip on sanity until 36 weeks 3 days, when I tried one of the standard suggestions you hear to bring on labor. I was in L&D within 6 hours. What a relief.

So, I've got dibs on a healthy baby delivered at 35 weeks, 6 days!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?