Sunday, October 21, 2007

 

The Count Down

This particular count down is to insanity; otherwise known as the day I go off the drugs that control the contractions. I thought it was Tuesday, until I looked to see how much medication I have left. Suddenly, its Monday. I just wiped these days. My stamina is measured in steps. I really want to nest, but since I can't manage to stay upright outside of my big fluffy recliner long enough to watch a half time show, its just not happening. I'm scared to go off of the meds. Not scared that the baby will come right away, but rather that it won't. I'm 37 weeks on Tuesday.

We haven't done anything to get the baby's room ready for the baby. Well, the one thing was sorting Bacon's old clothes into too pink, and by size. The idea behind the sorting is so that when we actually have the baby (who finally has a name!!), he might have something to wear that doesn't fall off. We have Bacon's basinet that we plan to use in our bedroom in the short term. Of course, I haven't actually looked at the basinet since Bacon stopped using it at around 4 months old. Hopefully, it hasn't lost a leg or sprung a leak since then.

Yesterday I suddenly had to get a crib and dresser for the baby. Of course, no stamina and a complete inability to make any decisions when there is more than one choice made that shopping trip less than successful.

As mentioned above, the baby has a name. Its a great name. The first is just something we both like. The middle is D's father's (and grandfather's and great grandfather's) first name. A bit more common than I'd like in theory, but for some reason, a more common name seems better to me for a boy. And I love that we included a family name. I do feel somewhat guilty about not including anything that has to do with my family, but if it wasn't that I was feeling bad about, there would probably be something else anyway. This will be my father's seventh grandson and the first for my father-in-law. (Oh, and I do have one nephew who has my dad's first name for a middle name.)

Now for a brief story about my recliner. I think it was pregnancy 2 or 3, I was fixated on getting an upholstered rocker/glider. When the pregnancy failed, I couldn't not get something, but it couldn't be related to a baby. (I can see why D think's I'm a bit choosey.) We ended up at a sale on recliners where I chose a pretty ugly brown/plaid-ish one. It didn't match anything in the old house and currently doesn't match anything we own. But, you know, I still love it. It is cozy and is my comfort chair. It was great for holding and nursing newborn Bacon and has been great for stretching out my current beached whale-like form. Someday it needs to be relegated somewhere other than prime living room space. We really need more seating in the living room. But for now, I look forward to being cradled in the comfort of that big ugly comfy chair while caring for both Bacon and our soon-to-be new little one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?