Sunday, August 19, 2007

 

Things are better - really

I'm at 27 and 1/2 weeks and things are better. Tuesday and Friday I took care of Bacon. Tuesday was tough - I think primarily because I had been lying in bed for 4 weeks. Friday was better. The contractions are generally minimal, although I did have two hours of contractions this morning that has led me to stay in bed so far today. They've mostly stopped.

This week has been a big crying week - I'll blame the pregnancy hormones related to my general sense of being out of control. I've been able to do some of everything this week, which should be a really positive thing. But, strangely this has been the most emotional week since I was first put on bedrest. I'm finding being able to do some things, but not really enough of anything hard.

Bacon's fabulous nanny returns to pre-school in 2 weeks, which means if I'm not up for taking care of Bacon during her available hours, we've got to come up with another plan. We have a plan in the works, but, there's something about not being able to handle things that makes me simply not want to think about it.

All that being said, the weeks are passing and we're getting somewhere. As long as I can focus on the big picture, I'm okay. Its when I think short-term - my inability to do things, including earning money while paying the nanny to take care of Bacon - that I get side-tracked. Ommmmm.

Comments:
Hi! Nice to see you wandering over to my place. And you're so near 28 weeks! What a huge milestone. I'm going to wander through your archives when I get the chance, but for now, good luck!

Oh, and also, I ignore the ultrasound dating and LMP and use my ovulation date. In my case it's just a couple days' difference.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?