Friday, August 31, 2007

 

Highs and Lows

Until Bacon was about 12 months old, I met with a moms and babies group. We started meeting when the babies were a few months old. Every meeting involved everyone discussing their highs and lows since the last meeting. Being high risk pregnant with some complications is emotionally similar to having a new baby. The facts are complicated by the worry. The fact that everything is fine can come crashing down in a second based on - well, nothing really.

I'm feeling really good this week -- ever since I went to the doctor on Monday to check on some pesky contractions. Bacon is teething, so seriously cranky at times, but generally a lot of fun. She's so kid-like (as opposed to baby-like) these days. She loves berries, airplanes, dogs, balloons, and her nanny. She loves, loves, loves her nanny.

I was thinking of the lows when I got an email from one of the moms who was in my group. I haven't seen her or any of the other members in about 6 months, although we do email periodically. Her husband just died. Unexpectantly. He just died. I can't even wrap my mind around it. H and I - my thoughts are with you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?