Wednesday, July 18, 2007

 

Plan for the next week: Bedrest

I've been put on bedrest for the next week because of a shortened cervix - 2.7 cm. A week of rest and lots of ibuprofen will be followed by another check and hopefully I'll be back on my feet. Our little buddy looks great - 1 lb. 8 oz; measuring 24 weeks - right on track. I've gained 3 lbs since last month for a total of 12 lbs so far.

I feel relatively good. The contractions are there, but not as bad as last pregnancy. Of course, last time my cervix never measured below 3.5. I just can't believe that this is anything serious. But I'm willing to do what is needed to get a healthy baby at the end (an end later than 24 weeks). Luckily our nanny is able to help out the extra days this week and next week. I even have some work I can do from the comfort of my own bed, to help cover the costs.

Of course I do remember how crazy bedrest made me last time, so I'm seriously hopeful that this will be over in a week. If not, we'll find a way to deal. It can only go on for a total of 12-14 weeks - hmmm 3 to 3 1/2 months - yuck.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?