Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

ouch

The weather here has been great, which led to our first family trip to the zoo this weekend, which led to my first unplanned doctor's visit on Monday. Cramping, which feels similar to my premature contractions with Bacon, started on Saturday; continued on Sunday; with some more on Monday. I called the doctor to see if I could take ibruprofen (which worked wonders last go 'round) and the nurse suggested I come in. They tested for a bladder/urinary tract infection just to make sure - none. The doctor confirmed that ibuprofen was fine. But suggested that if I started taking it all the time to come in to be checked because it can have an effect on amniotic fluid levels.

The answer seems to be rest and ibuprofen. Not that I'm convinced that the cramping would lead anywhere, its simply annoying, a touch painful and (a bit) worrisome. I'm trying not to remind myself that this didn't start in earnest with Bacon until week 22. Instead, I'm remember the contraction we saw on the 13 week untrasound (I think) that I didn't feel with her.

I didn't even get a doppler on Monday. It totally slipped my mind at the time. (Having a nap-free 15 month old with me had something to do with it.) I definitely feel gipped. I may keep my scheduled appointment next week just to make sure things are perking along.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?