Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

The lull between ultrasounds

At my ultrasound last week, I told the doctor that I'd go 2 weeks before another one. He offered that I could get one earlier if I wanted and could just call. I have been so close to calling. I've had more spotting. My symptoms change given the time of day - well they just change. It all makes me nervous and worried, but for some reason I want to wait until next week for another ultrasound. There's really no reason that I need to wait. But it feels like a challenge that I want to success at. Going in for an ultrasound upsets the balance of my life. If its non-work time, I have to bring Bacon which I HATE to do. I'm going to an infertility office. I remember how yucky it felt to watch a child while you're sitting in the waiting room having just had bad news or waiting the get it. I don't want to do that to anyone else. I'm working so few hours now that to go during work cuts them down to close to zero. My appointment next week is during work, so if I work hard until then, I won't miss the hours so much.

It's funny how this possible baby puts a lot of things into perspective. I was trying to figure out what to do about work. While I love the part time hours, the lack of responsibility, and the lack of billable requirements. I miss being the one to make the decisions. Not surprising, I don't agree with things that the new person in charge is deciding. (We have very different work styles.) My group's work load was light, so I was getting the dog work for a while. We're now back to crazy busy, so I'm getting better projects. And when I get assigned what I think are useless projects when there is important stuff that needs to get done, I'm saying so. Before this pregnancy I spoke with my boss about me having to decide what I want to do. He said that I just need to tell them what I want. Whether its to take over this group again, or move to a new area. But, the bottom line is if we have this baby, I'm a while (at least a year, maybe two) from wanting to go back full time.

D was trying to figure out what to do about work. He's not happy where he is, but any move likely means a pay cut. That freaked me out. But now, not so much. It would be wonderful if he didn't work in the distant suburbs. It would be great if he felt challenged and that he had a future where he was.

D wrecked his car. It was scary. He was perfectly fine. No one else was involved. It is going to be very expensive to get fixed. I hate that car. I've hated it for years. Its crazy expensive to fix when it breaks down and has been in way too many accidents since he got it 4 years ago. (This accident had little to do with the car.) But, D's thinking that once its fixed, he'll sell it and get another car. Yeah - the end of the lemon car! Hopefully less wrecks and repair bills.

Life is just going on. I hope we get to keep this baby.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?