Saturday, April 21, 2007

 

Baby/Momma Mileposts

We seem to have gotten through it - an important baby/momma milestone - the stomach flu or more commonly known as being thrown up on a lot. I was really worried about this. Could I handle the whole throw up thing? Bedding covered; baby covered; and if especially unlucky; mamma covered. I was also worried about poopy diapers and am still worried about the first poopy bathtub. But, as with the poopy diapers, it wasn't that bad. Not that it was good, but there was a sick baby to deal with. So, you just handle the mess (where ever it has landed) and move on. (I'm still working hard to avoid the poopy bathtub.)

We seem to have gotten through things. Breakfast went well and Bacon is still down for her morning nap. I'm so glad we're at the weekend so D can help out. We've been up at 4:30 the last 2 mornings to nurse, but she's been sleeping over 13 hours other than that. I appreciate the additional hour in the morning, but am looking forward to going back to sleeping through the night.

Strangely, last night was the first time in several weeks that I didn't wake up at least twice with a full bladder. Of course symptoms going away is a bit anxiety causing, but at almost 11 weeks, I think its the right time for it. I have an ultrasound with my RE and my first OB appointment on Wednesday. I'm thrilled to almost be through the first trimester.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?