Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

More Not Bad News

Monday my hcg was 1720. More spotting on Tuesday that has continued going from red to brown. Today's ultrasound was - fine. Too early to see a fetal pole or heart beat. Everything measured as it should, but the whole experience was - disappointing - as if I had done something wrong by having an ultrasound so early. My doctor changed offices and I didn't get to see him. I'm not sure if this experience was because of that and their inexperience with recurrent miscarriage or just my spin on events. With my last (and only successful) pregnancy, my doctor let me have 2 ultrasounds a week during the early part. Today I was told to come back in 7-10 days, with the off-handed comment that there was nothing that could be done if . . .

I'm emotional and achy in the lower front part. I'm trying to tell myself that this could all be progesterone induced. But, I don't feel right. I can't explain beyond that. I'm trying to put it all out of my mind. But, its hard. It seems that if I move beyond mere necessity I spot. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize things, but if spotting is a sign of jeopardy, it doesn't seem like I can exist without jeopardy. I'm too good at worrying.

Comments:
I'm sorry to hear that the new office is not quite as accomodating - I think that reminding them of your history would not be out of line... in fact it would probably be prudent and that "there's nothing we can do" attitude is lost on you as you are well aware of that and just want to know sooner rather than later if doom has fallen on your doorstep. Hang in there - here's hoping that the next scan sheds a better light on what is going on in there in a positive light of course.
 
Just checking in to see how things are going. I hope well. We have been walking a similair path this month, although I had been out and out told that I was going to miscarry only to prove them wrong. I hope things work out for you. I've been thinking about you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?