Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 

Hurray - All good so far

Except for the continued brown spotting, everything is still good. I did go in for an ultrasound last week - the day I went out of town for a week. We saw a heart beat! I just had another ultrasound today. More heart beat - 136 beats per minute - and growing appropriately with my late ovulation - 7w0d. I got an estimated due date today for mid November - wow. And the receptionist asked if I had picked an OB yet. That was a bit startling, but just more evidence that they just don't deal with a lot of miscarriage.

About the spotting - the person who did the ultrasound noted that I'm very vascular - she showed me on the ultrasound. Apparently the last pregnancy did it and that may be the source of the bleeding. If so, apparently its no big deal. I like this idea. It gives me something to rely on. Although all of my other pregnancies that involved spotting ended in miscarriage, this one can be different because I'm so very vascular now. Okay, I can work with that.

Comments:
Congratulations on the heartbeat! Yay! It sounds like things are going well!

I don't even know what she means by saying you are very vascular. Doesn't that just mean you have veins? But if it explains the spotting in a good way, I'm all for it!
 
Yeah! A heartbeat! How wonderful! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything remains positive. I am heading off for my next u/s on Thursday. Oddly enough, that is the day before I go out of town for a week, and I'm also 7 weeks. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?