Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

"Don't take it so personally."

This was advise from my husband this morning after Bacon was up from 2:00-4:00 and then woke for the morning at 6:00. The plugged duct - back again. I took her and G-dog for a walk in the pouring rain. G got out of the back yard (again). Then Bacon started talking and crying and fussing non-stop. I fed her her mid-morning meal at 8:00 in the hopes that it would help her calm down. This is when the advise came. It actually was right on target. When I can't get her to sleep or to settle down, I do feel responsible and - inadequate I guess.

I think one of the reasons that things have gotten to be so much fun for me lately (with a 7 1/2 month old) is because I don't constantly feel like I'm on the verge of doing something wrong with Bacon. I'm not always afraid of SIDS or an allergic reaction. She can do so much more and can generally communicate so much better that my general fear levels have improved a ton.

That being said, lack of sleep and pain can still wipe me out very quickly. This is also part of what's going on today. Since going back to work, Tuesdays have been my favorite days. There's just a vacation feeling about the day. Today, not so much. It's raining buckets. The dog is wet. The baby is fussy. And I've got a pain in the boob. We're definitely having sushi for lunch. (My comfort food.) Now if I can only get Bacon down for a nap.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?