Monday, August 14, 2006

 

I returned again

Yesterday I realized that about this time last year I was just returning to work after my leave of absence. Here I go again. Today was my first 1/2 day (and the nanny's too). I was mostly worried that I wouldn't leave enough information for the nanny or that the baby would be very upset while we were gone, but no. I was at the office for 4 hours which went very quickly. It seemed like I had never left although I'm in a new office and there are new systems in place. It was great coming home to Bacon. She's so smiley and happy and talking up a storm. Although my full day of work may be tough, I think this is going to work out well.

D got the promotion he was trying for at work. He starts today. The job came with a nice bump in salary.

I got another prescription for antibiotics. They seem to be the only answer to the ducts. Hurray, no pain! Although sleep would still be nice. We had a very rough Saturday night. I got no naps during the day, so was desperate for sleep that evening. Bacon just wouldn't fall asleep and cried - oh she cried. I had a hard time dealing and finally resorted to putting her in her crib and turning off the monitor. After 2 1/2 hours, D finally got home and got her right down. I don't know why I dealt with it so badly. I just had no reserves. Luckily, D really comes through when I am at the end.

Bacon seems to be going to bed much easier for D these days. I'm not sure which if its her or us. I'm glad to hand over this task and have it go so well.

Other than the going to bed part on Saturday, I've been getting the good end of our split night for the past 3 nights. I've been feeding Bacon at 2:30 am. She's been sleeping through until 6 - well, except for last night when she woke again at 3:30. I know I may be totally fooling myself, but can we pretend that this is a trend?

Although she was seriously teething last week, we still have no teeth. I have a feeling that this is going to be an interesting process.

Comments:
Cathy,
I have been reading your blog since I had my son 5 months ago, I don't remember how I found you but I have enjoyed reading your blog.
With my son it all started with the sleep, he went from sleeping 10 hours to every 2 hours, it was horrible. But once I figured out that it was teeth I started giving him motrin at night and it worked like a charm. With in 1 week he broke the first tooth and then the second one. I'm still giving him motrin at night because I know he is in pain, he is fine in the day but at night it is a must if I want to get any sleep.
Good Luck!
Christy
From Oregon :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?