Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Growing up

Things are good. Bacon is growing - still not sleeping great, but she's fun. I thought she was talking alot before, but then she started this babbling thing that is seriously funny. She's not crawling yet (at almost 7 months) but can scooch sideways and backwards. No forwards yet either. She's eating solids and still nursing. D's been out a bunch at nigh for work and fun, so I've been picking more of the night shifts. The more I pick up, the more Bacon wants me there to go to sleep (this may have a lot to do with the fact I'll nurse her to go to sleep, but hey, it works.)

I spoke to my sister yesterday who is seriously unhappy with her husband. He's helping out with the house and kids less and less and spending more time and money on his interests. She sounded so sad and hopeless. I don't know if it's serious or not, but it made me talk to D about needing some help around the house. I don't mind being up with Bacon if it's not every hour - I just can't function that way. But, it does seem like D's husbandly duties have gotten smaller and smaller since I started staying home with the baby. After he took the trash can to the curb without any garbage in it, I mentioned the diaper pail that needed emptying and the kitchen trash that was full. He informed me that his job was just to get the can to the curb. Let's just say that there is a long history of this not being the case.

With T's current issues I didn't want to be in her shoes in 10 years, so I bit the bullet and just asked for more help. I asked for 2 things: (1) emptying the trash and (2) dealing with dirty (and clean) dishes. It seems like a reasonable list and the conversation went well. We'll see how it goes.

D just got home from work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?