Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Sleeping better - check

What a difference a few weeks make. Bacon is back to sleeping better. She was up 3 times last night versus the 8-10 a few weeks ago. What was with the every hour thing? No idea. I've read somewhere that babies may wake up more right before they learn new skills or when they are making developmental leaps. While Bacon has grown up a lot over the last month or so, I really can't say if that's what caused the rough sleeping or whether it was anything or whether it was nothing.

I finally went to the doctor and got an antibiotic and a pain reliever. I guess the antibiotic worked. No plugged ducts for over a week - hurray!

Bacon is almost 6 months old. We had her 6 month check up yesterday. She's now 26 inches long and weighs 15 1/2 pounds. She's right around 50 % for everything. She seems to be in perfect health. We both took her shots well.

People keep asking if she's small. It's been making me a bit defensive. I keep answering that she's medium. But it does somehow feel like a comment on my parenting or the wellness of my baby. She's doing great though - talking up a storm (total nonesense of course), eating her toes, and eating food more and more all the time.

Sleeping and being pain-free are simply wonderful things. The world is just a better place. I'm still not getting anything really done around the house - like boxes unpacked or the bathroom painted. But just enjoying the baby is the most important thing.

Finally, we've hired a nanny - just today. She'll be coming in 2 mornings and one full day a week while I help out at the office. I'm excited. Ms. S seems great. Both Bacon and the dog seem to really like her. She is almost done raising her own kids and is a pre-school teacher. I'm hoping that this will work for all of us for a good long while.

Comments:
So glad to hear baby is sleeping better! And that you are feeling better.

I think people just like to say something about a baby's looks. At 4 months Alex was in the 75th percentile for weight and people tell me all the time that he looks big. (Of course he does have that huge head, which I think throws some people off.) I always feel like they're accusing me of overfeeding him...
 
best regards, nice info » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?