Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Another cool thing about the new neighborhood

Minimal fireworks. Sounds funny but it's true. Our city has 2 big fireworks displays on the 4th of July. One could be heard from our old house. In our old neighborhood, people set off their own fireworks for the week surrounding the 4th. Lots of very loud fireworks. Our dear dog G would be close to catatonic by the end of the week. As a rescued dog, he's very fragile about the things he's fragile about, like loud noises. He's typically spends the night of the 4th in our bed buried under me - or as close to under me as he can get. The rest of the week is not good.

With tomorrow being the 4th, it has been a wonderful almost firework-free lead up to the day. G-dog has been doing great. The roofers working on the new roof today didn't even bother him too much. I'm trying to come up with the reason why the difference. The best I can come up with is that the new neighborhood seems generally limited to retirees and families with young children. The old neighborhood had everyone in it. I guess including people who liked to set off fireworks. True, older people and babies don't seem to be big consumers of fireworks.

We pick up the rest of our furniture at the old house tomorrow, sign papers on Wednesday, and close on Thursday. Hurray, we're almost entirely in our new house! Note to self: next time I'm thinking about moving with a newborn, I think I'll move before the baby arrives.

A Bacon note - she truly loves G-dog. She reaches for him when he's nearby and seems to love his licks. The other day she fussed when he left the room and calmed when I called him back in. Very cute.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?