Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Let the sleep training commence

Well, we started sleep training 2 nights ago. The first night M (or Bacon as her Dad refers to her) woke about the same as she recently has been. I had a very hard time. I wanted to sooth her and I wanted soothing, but everything I read suggested that if you weren't consistent, the training will fail and be much harder on everyone. I didn't feed her all night with the plan to wait until 6:00 am. Well, 6 came and went and Bacon stayed asleep. She finally woke up after 8:00 and was happy as a clam. Her naps were the same as the last 2 weeks.

Last night was better. She had a 7:00 bedtime followed by brief wake ups at 9:15 and 1:30 and quick returns to sleep. At 4:30 she was done and kept waking up until 6:00 when she got fed. We then returned to sleep. She next woke up at 9:15. She had great naps all day and has gone to bed again at 7:00 with very minimal fussing.

We'll see how it goes, but so far, she's sleeping longer with no more fussy periods than she was having before we started and actually much less last night and today. I hope (hope!) this is a trend and will work out. Life is so much better with sleep.

She's really growing up. I miss holding her and watching her sleep, but it is so exciting seeing her play with her toys, trying to eat rice cereal and her sippy cup, and respond to us. These are the things I was so wanting through the miscarriages. I'm so happy to be here.

Comments:
Wow, that sounds great - and quick too huh? What sleep training method are you using? I'm doing it now - hate it, but it works (for the most part).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?