Monday, June 12, 2006

 

I searched and found me

More plugged ducts more of the time! I can't seem to shake them. In fact, tonight I was searching "recurring plugged milk ducts" and the search result was me. Well now I know I'm in trouble. Other than antibiotics and nursing on all fours, I've done everything else and no luck. Well, I guess it could be that stress thing - new house, old house not yet sold, new baby. Yeah, that sounds stressful. Or maybe it's mastitis. Other than about a week ago I'm not feeling bad except for the breast pain. Of course today I lost it. Not a good night for sleep and more plugged ducts - not a good combination.

Strangely I haven't considered giving up breastfeeding. I guess if I stopped there wouldn't be a chance for more plugs, but I don't want to stop. There's something about breastfeeding that I just love. I can't explain it. I know that there are a ton of women, including at least two of my friends who haven't enjoyed it. I don't "enjoy" the process, but I enjoy the idea. With the plugged ducts, it's painful. But, I'd still rather have painful breastfeeding than no breastfeeding at all. I think it's an emotional thing. Perhaps if you have a bad breastfeeding experience early on there is a negative emotional connection to breastfeeding and you don't want to do it. M latched on immediately. We didn't have a great early experience - cracked and bleeding nipples - but as far as the feeding part went, it went well.

Oh well, she's sleeping, I think I will as well.

Comments:
Hi, Cathy. I hope that the plugged milk ducts improve soon. That sounds painful and frustrating. Hang in there.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?