Monday, June 05, 2006

 

The Grandma Has It

I listened to my mom - not about everything having to do with the baby - but about putting her in her own room at night. We started last Friday and -- we're getting a lot more sleep! Other than last night, M is waking up a lot less and eating much less frequently. We got a 7 hour stretch on Saturday night. We're trying to stick to a 6:30ish bed time, which is really easy to do so far because its when she wants to go down for the night. We haven't used a sitter yet, so our exceptions are when we want to go out in the evening. If we go, M comes too.

M seems to want to sleep more during the day again. We've got our morning naps back - hurray! They are a little shorter, but my morning nap helps me a lot. It's a bit difficult to get out during the day now. Yesterday's afternoon trip to the grocery store led to a total meltdown. She didn't want to ride around in her carrier in the cart, so I held her. The car seat was an unpleasant experience. This morning's trip to the store went a little better, but I guess I just have to deal with crying in the car.

I'm still having lots of plugged milk ducts. As soon as I have some improvement in one area, I have problems in another. Yesterday, I felt totally run down in addition to the pain. But today things seem better - still some pain, especially during feedings, but less overall badness.

The old house is going on the market this Thursday. It's looking really good! The new house is still full of boxes. We have everything out that we need for every day and I'm fine with that for now. I actually got a load of laundry and a load of dishes done today. I also got the new microwave oven from the car into the house and the living room vacuumed. This is serious progress. I was hoping to get dinner made, but I think that's just too ambitious and I'm missing ingredients for what I wanted to make. After yesterday's experience, I'm reluctant to try the store at this time of day.

M is growing up. She's more independent on sitting up. She discovered her feet last week and spends time on her back holding onto her knees. She's started to hold on when I hold her - very cool. She still doesn't giggle, but smiles often and laughs her dry laugh at unexpected times. She loves watching people and the dog. She doesn't like being on her own. She's starting to look different - less generic baby and more her - I think her chin is starting to take shape. She's missing most of her hair in a ring around the back of her head. I've been taking tons of pictures to help remember these times. It's already amazing to see the changes in her since she was born. Very very cool.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?