Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Good Habits - that's funny

I just read my last post. Wishful thinking. Napping has gone really well. M is taking an early morning nap - or this morning she just slept in. Then we get a 2 hour mid-morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap. Very good napping. The reliability (so far!) just makes life so much easier. And she's so happy when she's awake. She's getting to be great company.

Now about the nights -- we just can't get there. Since my last post, it's all been not so good. Friday we went camping - very fun except the plugged ducts. M was actually pretty good. I think I fed her 3 times at night - some for her and some for me because I was in pain. (I am back to thinking that water is the solution. If I don't drink enough I really pay.) It really doesn't seem to matter when she's fed or when she goes to sleep. Generally, she's going to wake up around 11:30 and 3:00, give or take an hour. Last night there was a ton of waking up. I fed her 3 times - 12:00, 2:00 and 4:30 and then she didn't wake up until 7:30. In between there was swaddling, re-pacifiering and soothing. It's super hot and humid here (very unusual for June), so I'm blaming the weather.

M is almost 5 months old now. The time has gone amazingly fast. I assume that there will come a time when we'll look back at this time and remember when M was little and didn't sleep through the night. I'm mostly looking forward to that time.

Comments:
Hi, Cathy. I can imagine how hard the sleep deprivation must be, and I hope that M will sleep through the night soon so that you can get more rest.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?