Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

Check, check, um check

After a week on the market, we set a time to "consider offers" on the old house. After some concerns that we'd get none - we had 4! All had escalation clauses that offered us more than the asking price. Three waived the inspection contingency. We accepted the best one and hopefully will have sold the house by early next month. It is so wonderful to be through with the process and, of course, to have it go well. Our friend and agent, C, did a fabulous job!

I thought I might have worked out the plugged ducts things - drink more water. Well, not so much. I'm still having them, but they're not as bad. Another possibility is that I actually have a low grade infection and this is a form of mastitis. I may have to suck it up and go to the doctor next week. (I haven't gone yet, because I keep thinking that it's just no big deal and that things will get better. That hasn't been working so well so far.)

M is doing great. She seems to have grown up so much this week. Her first roll over, which totally took me by surprise. She's talking up a storm and wiggling a ton. She loves watching people and the dog. We've had a tough time with lots of eating and not much sleep this week - I'm hoping its a growth spurt. M has cut back on eating, but hasn't gotten back to her good (or at least better) sleep patterns. I'm working on trying to take more naps during the day to keep me sane. She's 4 1/2 months old.

In theory, this week was my first ovulation since about a year ago. I don't know if it happened. Our plan is to "try" for #2. With my miscarriage history and my age, I just can't see foreclosing the possibility of a pregnancy now. I'm not sure how I'd deal with #2 while M is so young or how I'd deal with the emotional rollercoaster of another miscarriage and M. But, we're just going to see how things go. At some point, I'll need to talk to someone about supporting therapies - either western or eastern - but for now, I think I'll just see what happens.

I got an email this week that my group at work lost its biggest and most difficult client. It's good for the group, but it's a bit hard to swallow. I've been talking to work about the possibility of returning to work part time in the August/Sept. time period. With 50% (or more) of the work gone, I don't know if they'll need me. While I like to think I'm very worth training in a new area, I doubt that's true if I'm working the schedule I'd like to (or am considering). Then there's the whole thing about whether I really want to return. With the good sale of our old house, we won't need my income for a while to make our mortgage and live. M's getting to be great company and I'm getting used to being home. While it's still a bit lonely, I think it's, at least in part, a matter of planning and scheduling. I'll try not to borrow trouble and simply see what happens with it all.

D and I are trying to connect more. With all of his work on the old house and me sleep deprived and in pain, we have rarely been in the same place at the same time both awake and reasonably happy. He's not been so crazy about work lately. I've been emotional and cranky. With the old house put to bed (except for getting the rest of our stuff out of it) and us getting more situated in the new place, things are improving. We've never had a time like this before, but then we've never had this much going on before.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?