Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

What we did and didn't get

Well, we didn't get the house. It sold for $50K over the asking price. I'm half disappointed and half relieved. This would have been a tough month if we had closed on a house at the end. Our financing hadn't quite been lined up yet. We have a visit to my family scheduled. All of it was doable, but when the seller asked for the 3 contenders to make new offers which he would consider 2 1/2 hours later, after we had already offered $20K over the asking price, I felt like things were moving much too quickly.

I seem to have picked up the stomach flu. M seems a bit under the weather, but no signs of stomach distress. It could be worse - I haven't thrown up yet and the combo of ibuprofen and pepto-bismol is actually making me feel better. It's strange to be trying to take care of someone else when I feel bad. According to Dr. Google, this is only supposed to last 3 days. Today is day 3 so I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

M is still sleeping well (compared to a few weeks ago). Feedings are 3 hours apart at their most frequent at night.

Comments:
Sorry about the house, but 50 k over the asking price is insane! Hope you start feeling better as does M.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?