Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Am . . . tired, but happy

Today was a good day. Baby M had 4 hours between feedings last night. This was the first night that I let her go beyond 3 hours. It was wonderful. This followed a bad day and a night with little/poor quality sleep. So, we ran around today. Coffee with C. Lunch with L and N. Shopping for baby supplies. M's two week check up (where she gained 12 ounces from her last visit!) She's thriving, so no problem is letting her decide when to eat rather than waking her to eat. She lost her umbilical cord end last night.

D went back to work today. I was not looking forward to this day (yesterday I was very sad and upset about it), but it wasn't so bad. We started off with a wonderful morning. After M's 6:00 am feeding, I put her in D's arms for a pre-wake-up cuddle. They looked adorable. (Today one person told me how much M looked like me; another how much M looks like D - we look nothing alike, so it seems unlikely that both could be true.) Prior to today, I had always taken M out of our bedroom between 5 and 7, while D slept for another few (or several) hours. This was a great way to start a day.

It was a beautiful sunny, although cold day. All the company was great. I'll let D remove all my purchases from the car tonight. (Figuring out what to do with the baby, cart, and purchases was an interesting problem - one that would be easier to work out with more sleep.)

It's 6:15 pm. Is it bedtime yet? It's much harder to get around with only one adult per child.

Comments:
Hey there, well thought posting. I'm glad to be here. Thanks.

baby sleep sack
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?