Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Plus Two Days - Let the Superstition Continue

I woke up in the middle of the night and through the early morning with more contractions, but ones that seemed different - more like menstrual cramps. It got me thinking that maybe this was the real thing. I have no idea. They haven't gotten worse in the approx. 12 hours that I've had them, so I guess not. Things are, um, moving through the pipeline much better. I've read that this may be a sign of coming labor. But, it seems at this point, I'm willing to interpret just about anything as a sign that we may be done soon.

I have been crazy superstitious this entire pregnancy (and most of the previous ones). Examples include: (1) I worked with my (limited) understanding of feng shui in placing our bed in the room when trying to conceive. (2) I bought a good luckcharm. (3) I tried never to say anything too positive, in case it caused a jinx. (4) I tried not to desire or buy anything baby related too soon, in case it caused a jinx (I actually bought my first baby clothes today - well, I did get a swaddling thing a few weeks ago). (5) I didn't look at baby related things given to me by friends until recently, in case it caused a jinx. (6) I worried about the baby being born on Friday the 13th, in the Year of the Rooster (why? I have no idea), and a Capricorn (this comes from a few old boyfriends who were Capricorns). And finally (7) I still can't count on having this the baby until its in my arms after the birth.

As I mentioned, the other night I had a few blissful moments of peace when all seemed right in the world, then I went back to worrying about the birth. My birth plan -- anything to get the baby out okay. I'll try natural until I want the drugs too much. If anyone suggests a C-section - I'm there. I've read too many sad stories about labor going on too long or going sideways and ending in tragic results. Come on baby M, we so want to meet you.

Comments:
My birth plan is the same as yours -- whatever gets this baby here safely.

I'm also experiencing vague labor symptoms but nothing decisive yet. I'm thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck!!!
 
Good luck to you... You give me hope and some definite things to think about. I pray that your labor starts when the time is right for your little girl to come out and not a moment sooner. I know the contractions are irritating, and I hope that your little girl stays inside for at least a few more days if not a week or more. Just to be fully cooked.

Best of luck!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?