Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

A Good Day

I actually slept last night and the sun shined all day. It was a good day. Apparently I'm nice and thin but still no dilation (groan). I'm officially 37 weeks today (with a 27 lb weight gain). My doctor warns that I very well may go to term. If I get more days like today that will be no problem. If I don't, that will just have to be okay too. (I asked about an early induction. She says that induction prior to term for 1st pregnancies (well I know what she means) has a super high C-section rate - something like triples the chances. While a C-section doesn't sound so bad right now, it does sound like if the baby hasn't come on its own, it really doesn't want to and that things are much better left on their own.)

Following the lead of other bloggers, I think I'll start thinking in terms of days - 21 days until my due date which would make her a Valentine's baby. Wow - that seems like a long time from now. But, in the large scheme of things, I know its the blink of an eye. With the way things have been going, I really think I'll go to term, if not beyond. While that thought had me freaked out (so much more time for things to go wrong!), a day like today helps put things into perspective. The weather forecast is for no more sun in the foreseeable future. I was out and about today from noon to 5 running errands and what not. Hope I stored up some for the weeks to come.

Comments:
Glad you had a good day! The sunshine makes such a difference!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?