Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

Contractions - check; but no end in sight

Well, I've been contracting about every 5-10 minutes since very early Friday morning. Friday was a horrible day. I finally called my doctor's office in the early afternoon and was told that I could come in if I wanted to, but I knew things were progressing, so took the nurse's advise on a warm bath and sucked it up.

Saturday, the contractions were less painful (I actually slept a good bit of Friday night) and joined my husband for some last bits of baby purchases. (We have been so lucky to have friends pass virtually every piece of baby equipment along that there were very few purchases to make. The one advantage to being late to the baby game.) Last night was again dreadful and today in a mix of Friday and Saturday. But still no progression - just random better and worse times.

In hindsight, thank goodness that I had the drugs as long as I did. If the constant contractions had started earlier, I would seriously need sedation by now. If I make it to Tuesday's doctor's appointment, I'll be 37 weeks and I'm going to ask about induction. There's only so much of this non-productive pain I can take.

Open letter to my uterus and cervix: Hi down there. While I appreciate that you uterus are irritable and you cervix are one tough cookie, do you think you could work on coordinating more right now? Does irritable really have to mean constant contractions for days? Cervix - If we have to do the contraction thing, can't you play along and let little M come out and play?

Comments:
Here's hoping things get moving for you SOON!!! Being stuck in the middle like this sounds awful! Hang in there, Cathy.
 
I hate when things are a) painful and b) non productive... the least the ute could do is be productive about these painful contractions. Here's hoping that M gets to come out and play soon and that the two irritable body parts start working together rather than against one another. Yeah on the baby purchases!
 
Oh, what a tease your parts can be!

I hope you are doing OK, though, and I wish you well over the coming days.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?