Saturday, December 17, 2005

 

More and Less

Yesterday was just a hard day (until the end which was good). Thursday night, I woke up with painful contractions. I hadn't been taking any ibuprofen, so I swallowed down three and waited for the contractions to end. They eventually did, but I woke up Friday feeling rotten. I had more contractions in the morning at work (the uncomfortable rather than the painful ones). That in combination with some weird poking/kicking down had me worried. I called the triage nurse who had me come in and see the on-call doctor. After two and a half hours, the conclusion was - I was having contractions, but no cervical involvement (same old, same old). It was a relief, but geeze, I wish I could have figured that out ahead of time.

I wonder if people who don't have a bad pregnancy history react so strongly to these type things. I just don't know what all this is suppose to feel like, so then things change or seem wonky, I call the doctor. They then test me up the wazoo with the result being - no apparent big deal.

After a bit of a crying jag, I was better. Today is much better all together.

Comments:
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know what you mean about everything different making you wonder if things are still okay. I am just the same. My doctor's office is VERY familiar with me now...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?