Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

The Pendulum

A few days ago I couldn't believe the confidence I had in this pregnancy. I started making plans. I started a baby registry. And then the pendulum swung. Nothing has happened. Nothing has gone wrong. But I just got overwhelmed by the possibilities. This week I'm 21 weeks pregnant - a wonderful place to be. But its still short of success (especially for a recurrent miscarriager). I find myself focusing on all the things that could go wrong and have to wonderful people. I can't let go of the fact that my sister was on bed rest for 2 out of 3 of her pregnancies. Is there a way to avoid accidents with the umbilical cord?

Yesterday I looked up the stats on survival for delivery at various weeks. 23-25 weeks - not so good and a significant chance of continued health problems. I really need to get to 28 weeks for things to be relatively okay. Again, there's no indication that anything is going wrong, but I just can't stop the worrying.

Stay strong baby girl. We want to see you after you're all done cooking.

Comments:
I just started the 22nd week. I'm also experiencing that back-and-forth feeling, from well-being to being sure that everything is going to go wrong. I keep thinking about people I know who lost babies after this point.

I think it is normal for us (frequent miscarriers) and also it is a response to the pregnancy hormones. Just hang in there, that's all we can really do. This waiting is so tough.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?