Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

Swimmingly

19 1/2 weeks - everything on schedule. Protein - negative; glucose - negative; 2 lb weight gain to 152 - reasonable; uterus - the right size; baby kicking - cool. My mantra - the fifth time is the charm.

Although I got the call a few weeks ago that my integrated screen was negative, I got to talk to my doctor about it today. I have a 1 in 1600 risk for Downs compared to the predicted risk at my age of 1 in 130. Neural tube defect risk was 1 in 1000 and trisomy 18 was simply stated as negative. That all works for me.

Work has gotten to the insane level, but its still okay (for me). I did go to bed at 7:30 last night, but at least I had a chance to. Team leader is slowly melting down. She's on track to bill 300 hours this month - basically two full time jobs. I'm so happy not to be her, but am wondering what we're going to do if she burns out. Another team leader has been promised 1/2 a person since March and hasn't gotten anyone. This may be interesting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?