Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

More on Work

Nothing exciting is happening on the internal front. My next doctor's visit is next week. So work is on the top of my brain. The work level is still heavy. Of the team I'm on, I was the lowest biller last month, well over 100% billable, but the other team members beat me by 20 and 80 hours (yes 80 - the team leader basically billed two weeks worth more than me in the same 31 days).

Unfortunately, we're all on track to do the same this month. Actually, unless something gives, next month will likely be worse.

But, with all that, I'm really not that stressed out. Yes, I'm grinding my teeth at night (had a good headache this morning). Yes, I'm thinking about work when I'm not there. But still, its not nearly as bad as before I left. And, although I'm stressed, I'm not also overwhelmed with guilt about work items I haven't gotten to. Its really much better. Not being in charge really has it's perks.

We have huge deadlines on Monday (just like last Monday). But, I left today at 5:00. (The teeth grinding did take a toll last night.) While I'd really like to avoid going into work this weekend, it looks inevitable. But, I have a cut and color and accupuncture scheduled for Saturday and a facial next Wednesday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?