Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Home and loving it - except for the sinus infection

After a very long Thursday, a midnight run to the airport on Friday, and a long Sunday, I'd gotten behind on sleep/rest and now am home sick. The nurse line says it may be a sinus infection (which would explain the incredible face pain) and that there's basically nothing I can take except Tylenol which isn't working.

I felt pretty guilty when I wrote an email to the office this morning saying that I'm not coming in. The work load continues to come out of our ears. But, it really is nice to be away from it. I have a serious problem with having work issues spin around my head. I banish them regularly, but they come back repeatedly. For this alone, I miss not working.

My friends have been hit hard lately. One ectopic pregnancy and one miscarriage. I'm working on a theory that pregnancy is the great equalizer, but its just not working so well. Rather it seems that pregnancy is the great crap shoot. The past doesn't matter; your quality as a parent doesn't matter. Only the dice matter and, boy, are they fickle.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?