Wednesday, August 03, 2005

 

Back at the Grind

Sunday night I thought about my outfit. Monday morning I jumped out of bed and got ready. Then I went to work. The first part was great - seeing people; checking out my new cool office. Then everyone was busy and I was supposed to - work. After one day, I was ready to go back to the sofa, but I returned yesterday and again today.

Its going to be fine; maybe even good. The workload that I am helping on now, instead of leading, is still crazy. For the moment, there are three of us working on it, instead of two since November, and one with some part time help prior to that. There have already been some minor worries over details, but so far, its not getting to me. I think a large part is not being in charge and feeling responsible for things possibly slipping through the cracks. I just have to remember that I'm not the person in charge anymore.

The powers that be are trying to split my time between my old work load and assisting someone else, but are trying to make sure that this workload can be handled without all of me. Currently, this is a three person job. I don't think I'm going to split well.

I've met, but don't know the other person they want me to assist. She came into our office with a boat-load of experience and very well respected a few months before I left. I understand that she has very demanding clients. She already has a full time person assisting her in the same capacity that I would. He's been working with her for years and came with her from her old office. Well, whatever happens, it should be interesting.

It is very strange not to have an ultrasound or doctor's appointment this week. I had a dream that all I had to do was press on my abdomen and I could feel the baby's heartbeat. That would be a cool trick. I'm reconsidering my decision not to rent the dopler. All the feedback I've been getting has me hooked. This feels like going cold turkey. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Comments:
Doppler = obsession Don't do it...just don't...they are horrible things. I know that for some it is very reassuring but they really are not all they are cracked up to be...as a recovering infertile, save your sanity, don't rent one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?