Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Are we there yet?

This weekend I went to the coast with my bf and her four month old. We joined a group of friends with a total of four toddlers. It was a wonderful weekend, but, holy cow, four toddlers make a racket. As the late comers and partner-less (for the weekend) and toddler-less, we got the sofas to sleep on. When 10:00 pm came and went to the repeated song of "Dad, look at what I did," in other than an indoor voice from across the living room, I was ready to sleep on the beach. It ended with an abrupt crash followed by hours of sweet silence. Once I had gotten some sleep, I remembered what great kids they actually are, but also how little I'm used to being around kids.

The four month old was a peach. She made it through hours in the car. With traffic, the trip home took about an hour and a half more than expected.

I totally found myself armchair parenting to the wild toddlers - I have absolutely no experience in the area which seems to make it a lot easier. I'm happy to say that I kept 98% of it to myself.

I'm now almost 13 weeks pregnant. It's mostly cool that the nausea is mostly gone. But, I miss it. I think its because without the ultrasounds, I don't have the regular reminders that I'm pregnant. Although I'm bigger around the middle, that could easily be attributed to my massive intake of pizza over the past few months. I still want an explanation for cramping like pains, but have just tried not to freak out about them since they seem to come and go without regularity.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?