Friday, July 08, 2005

 

Another good ultrasound

Today I saw a good heartbeat and fetal movement! Very weird when it still just looks like a blob, but I'll take it. Measured 8w0d - slower than last week, but, again, I'll take it.

The doctor/tech (I still don't know what she is) said that I should come in next week and then, sometime soon, need to get to an OB. Wow. It's not like this office has done anything to support this pregnancy other than prescribing progesterone and letting me come in often, but I like them and I'm used to them. They're nice. There's no way I would go back to my old OB, so I have to find a new one.

I had my first D&C at one of the largest local hospitals that also seems to deliver most of the babies around. I hated it. I don't want to go back. I assume that you go to the hospital that your doctor is associated with. So, pick a doctor and get a hospital. I'm still curious about birthing centers. I'm pretty sure I want drugs and all the medical intervention that will ensure that me and the baby make it through this pregnancy, but I also hate the sterility of a big hospital (based on my one experience). Other than my age, I don't think I'm high risk. I guess it's time for more internet research.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?