Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Well Meaning Words

This week I've seen my counselor, my acupuncturist, my naturopath student, and my Chinese herbal medicine student. The students are graduating, so it was my last visit with each. I congratulated them, and they told me how sure they were that everything was going to work out for me; that most people have trouble conceiving and that's obviously not my problem; that lots of people have "my problem" and go on to have successful pregnancies; and other things that, at this point, I can't remember because I really wasn't listening. They are both kind people and I tried to listen to the kindness and not the words themselves. That still didn't stop me from waking up the other night wondering if I should have responded differently. Should I have pointed out the difference between one miscarriage and multiples? Should I have told them that actually less than 1-2% of the US population actually has this problem? Should I have mentioned how kind words of guarantee don't really help when you've been down this path?

All that being said, I'm not pregnant this month, but the coating on my tongue is thinner.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?