Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

Now with more waiting

Typically the fourth week of my cycle or the second week of the 2ww are the worst for me. The Progesterone is making me constipated and cranky. I wildly try to pay attention to every possible sign that I might be pregnant only to have my hopes dashed (or if I'm pregnant, have a joyful 15 minutes followed by serious fear and worry.) With the addition of Progesterone to the mix, I actually have a 2ww plus four days. I get the usual two weeks followed by four days of waiting for my period to show up.

This month, because I started BCPs in anticipation of IVF, then stopped them when Dr. Chicago suggested I forgo IVF, I have an unknown cycle. I actually bought the ovulation prediction kit recommended by Dr. Chicago. But, couldn't use it this cycle. I typically have mid-cycle pain that I attribute to ovulation. This month, I got it about three days later than expected which I chalked up to the BCP use. I started using the Progesterone based on that ovulation day. But, then I had the same mid-cyle pain a week later.

FRED said no pregnancy on day 16 after ovulation, so I stopped the Progesterone. I'm now on day four, so I should get my period today. But, I keep wondering if there's any chance that the second "pain" was ovulation or whether it was some other time altogether and if there's any chance I might be pregnant. I also wonder if I was working whether I would have this much time to wonder about all of this.

So, this month the worst days have been the second week of the the 2ww and the bonus four days.

The upside is that once my next cycle starts, I'll use the ovulation monitor and will know when things happen. In theory, my next cycle will contain less unknown and less bad days.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?