Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

A nice second beta

I got a nice second beta of 633. In the past I haven't really paid much attention to the betas because I usually don't start having trouble until just after I'm through with getting the betas. But, for two out of four of my miscarriages, I started with low numbers. For the last one, I started with a low number and then delayed getting additional information. My third beta was a week after my first. By then, the number was already going down. Dr. Google suggests a low starting number indicates a lower likelihood of a successful pregnancy.

For three out of four miscarriages, my trouble has come mid week five. Since I have no idea when I ovulated this month, I have no idea what day I am post-ovulation. For the purpose of driving my early numbers up, I'm pretending that I ovulated late. For the purpose of getting through week five, I'm pretending that I ovulated on schedule (although I'm having a bit of trouble because FRED came out negative on 6/4).

On Thursday, I spent a few hours on-line trying to figure out how soon I could have an ultrasound that would show a heartbeat, if there is one. (For miscarriage 3, the pregnancy has stopped about a week and a half before my ultrasound and D&C - which may have caused the doctor's inability to gather any information from the karyotyping.) Dr. Google seems to say that a heartbeat is typically visible when your hcg is over 6500. I'd like to get the good or bad news as soon as possible. If things keep going as they have, my numbers won't be quite high enough on Friday.

633. Now I'm going on-line to see what Dr. Google has to say about my doubling time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?