Wednesday, June 08, 2005

 

I love acupuncture

I realize that I have no idea what it does or how. Sometimes it hurts. Today it included massage.

I think part of it has to do with wanting to do something to help things. When we were trying medicated IUIs, I was very busy. When we planned to do IVF, I knew I would be very busy. Now that we're back to trying naturally, I find I need something to do. Along that line, I'm still taking my supplements, drinking tons of water, and drinking my bark juice (Chinese herbal medicine). I thought the bark juice would be difficult, but I've gotten used to it. These things help too. But, its the acupuncture that's the best.

It's comforting and, in a strange way, relaxing. I feel cared for when I leave the acupuncturist. Its not that different from any other of the practitioners at the teaching clinic I go to. (But, perhaps the difference is the lack of expressed guarantees from the acupuncturist as opposed to the students discussed below.)

I also think its different from the regular doctor or the RE based on the time spent together. Every visit lasts an hour. At the regular doctor or RE's office, there's typically a wait because they're running behind. Then the rush to get in and out in a very short time. That rush doesn't exist at my clinic. The people seem kind. No one is rushing. I like that.

Today I got a reading assignment. My acupuncturist suggested that I read "The Web that has No Weaver;" specifically the sections on (1) blood deficiency, (2) spleen qi deficiency, and (3) liver qi stagnation. Sounds interesting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?