Sunday, June 19, 2005

 

The Comparison

During my first pregnancy (the most successful to date if there is such a thing as relative success when it comes to miscarriages), I had the full array of pregnancy symptoms - sore breasts, serious morning sickness, and desparate fatigue. The other three, not so much. For the third pregnancy, a virtually symptom-free seven weeks, my best friend was also pregnancy and had no symptoms. I told myself that every pregnancy is different and that because L was having no symptoms, it was perfectly okay if I didn't.

That wasn't the case. Instead it was a missed miscarriage.

This time around, so far, I have some of the symptoms - and they appear and disappear. Tender breasts, sometimes. Food aversions and nausea, sometimes. No tiredness to speak of, but of course, I'm not doing so much these days.

Also, there's the lack of spotting. (I know I thought I may have had a tiny bit of spotting a few days ago, but I'm now convinced that that was a combination of the pink Progesterone and the yeast infection. Yes, pleasant, I know.) And lack of miscarriage since I'd already lost two by now.

I keep trying to tell myself that this appears to be a perfectly normal pregnancy, but I can't get away from my history. With all this being said, I actually am pretty upbeat about things. Of course, I check regularly for spotting and grab myself throughout the day, but I do think that this could possibly work.

I'm so glad to have the ultrasound on Tuesday. While I know that Tuesday will be hard, knowing that I don't have to wait longer to get information is very comforting.

Comments:
Cathy

I remember last pregnancy praying every single time i went to the bathroom that there would be no blood.

I stayed with a friend who has hard water and she has a rust mark in her toliet - I completely freaked out until I realised it was rust and not blood.

Yes, the day of the U/S and particularly the hours leading up to it will be nerve racking and all your anxiety will be condensed into several intense hours but you're right. At least you'll know. And with luck you'll get a hb and the relief this will bring for the next week or so till you go for another.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?