Friday, June 24, 2005

 

All is good

Another good ultrasound. The fetus measured 6w1d and the heartbeat was still going. They still didn't measure it. The doctor/technician - a person I don't know - estimated that it was about 100 beats per minute and seemed happy with that. I'll take it.

I asked if the heartbeat is any indicator of successful pregnancies. She said that they really want to see a strong heartbeat and fetal movement at 8 or 9 weeks to make any predictions. That seems like a very long way away.

I just can't imagine feeling secure with this pregnancy. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong. But still. . .

I'm trying to figure out when to go back to work. Regardless, I'm planning on sometime during July. The advantages to sooner are: (a) the distraction and (b) the income. But, if I have another miscarriage I know I'll need time to deal with it.

I keep thinking about it and coming back to the exact same points. I think if I just commit to a date and tell the office, it will help.

Comments:
Cathy so thrilled for you

No advice about the work thing - pros both ways...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?